Snap-on Industrial is seeking a great candidate to join our team. This position will analyze portfolios, perform account/payment reconciliation and communicate with customers by phone and email regarding amounts due or past due in order to secure payment arrangements. Must have previous credit and collections work experience in a mid-sized to large corporation.
- Analyze portfolios. Perform account/payment reconciliation.
- Communicate with customers by phone and e-mail regarding amounts due or past due and establish strong business relationships. Diffuse and resolve challenging customer service situations.
- Document daily collection activities.
- Identify, document and recommend delinquent accounts requiring external collection efforts and bad debt or financial exposure.
- Review, prepare, analyze and document accounts receivable aging reports and other ad hoc reports.
- Meet collection targets as defined by finance department.
- Follow the procedures and protocol established by the company.
- Minimum 1- 3 years of related credit and collection experience in a mid-sized to large corporation
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associates degree in Accounting is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite software including strong Excel skills
- Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills. A strong team player and emphasis on customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, quickly transitioning from one account to the next.
- Must have the ability to remain calm under pressure in order to promote good customer relations both within and outside the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Great attention to detail and analysis skills
- Willingness to flex as the position evolves and/or needs of the department change
- Ability to work overtime, as assigned
- Ideal candidate will have the flexibility to work out of our Kenosha, WI location or Crystal Lake, IL facility as business needs dictate
Snap-on offers a competitive compensation package and a complete benefits package which includes which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP), a 401k Savings plan, a pension plan, a legal services plan, an employee stock purchase plan, a discount on Snap-on products and more.
Snap-on offers a drug free work environment and welcomes all qualified candidates to apply.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.