Under the direction and mentorship of senior product management personnel, this role plans, develops, designs and implements, both domestic and international marketing programs for assigned products. Coordinates and oversees the execution of advertising and promotional programs to ensure profits meet objectives. May research, identify and evaluate potential new products, and identify and resolve brand and channel conflict.
- Under the guidance of senior product management personnel, perform the following tasks:
- Manage brand and channel positioning and establish pricing strategies.
- Help identify new product and business opportunities and perform market research and analysis in order to evaluate the business and profitability potential.
- Obtain and analyze competitor positions, product offerings, markets and performance.
- Analyze and evaluate product position, channels, launch, timing and other factors.
- Develop and implement product or region specific plans that achieve market share and profit objectives.
- Manage the requirements necessary to execute all phases of the product life cycle from new product proposals to product discontinuance.
- Analyze existing product lines for necessary life cycle changes and recommend strategies to affect life cycle conditions.
- Perform and execute Product Development Cycle requirements.
- Participate as a member of the new product team to ensure continuity of ideas from concept to profitable product offerings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or engineering preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of cross-functional experience in engineering design, manufacturing, marketing, distribution or sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present effectively to all levels both inside and outside the organization
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills with demonstrated decision-making and negotiation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong project management capabilities
- Past outside sales experience or experience with hand tools in the industrial tool market preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel and PowerPoint; basic understanding of database management and ERP and other business systems preferred
- Up to 10% travel may be required (may include overnight stays)
Join the industry leader!
As part of the Snap-on team, you'll be joining an extraordinary company that has been the industry standard for over 100 years! As part of our team, you will not only provide superb service and innovative solutions to our business partners but enjoy the benefits of working for an extraordinary company. We offer a substantial compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation with incentive opportunities
- Vacation Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Defined Retirement Savings Plan
- And more!
You and Snap-on - let’s get started, NOW!
Snap-on is a drug free work environment and welcomes all qualified candidates to apply.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply since we are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran