This position will work as part of the overall Industrial Procurement team to procure, plan for and maintain inventory levels and item data for assigned product families through effective use of LN procurement modules. Additionally, this position will handle supplier interactions, drive supply issue resolution and follow established processes and protocols in order to maintain inventory levels appropriate to fulfill existing and projected business needs.
• Procure both internal and external product based on an assigned product family and buyer code.
• Maintain and manage inventory levels of assigned product family(s) as required for customer/production demand and managed safety stock levels.
• Work with others in the Procurement department to contact suppliers, both internal and external, to expedite product on backorder.
• Maintain various data points within various MRP systems (e.g. LN) and Item Master database to ensure accuracy of pricing, lead times and other relevant item data.
• Review, analyze and resolve, or present proposed corrective actions, to appropriate group in order to address process issues.
• Act as liaison with the sales team and other involved groups to ensure that special projects are completed within the established time frame.
• Validate delivery information with suppliers and effectively communicate confirmed delivery dates to involved parties.
• Work with suppliers on Return Goods Authorizations to ensure defective product is returned and supplier credit is issued in a timely fashion.
• Perform all other duties as directed.
• Bachelor’s Degree or technical discipline with a minimum of 7-10 years’ related experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to interface appropriately with various internal and external suppliers at all levels
• Ability to perform in a fast paced, multi-functional environment while maintaining accuracy and achieving business metrics
• Collaborative team player who can also work independently as necessary to achieve established goals
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to use independent judgment and discretion to deliver against both customer expectations and business goals
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet customer demands
• Extensive understanding of Snap-on ERP system (Infor LN) and web-based supply purchasing software
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access
Snap-on is a drug free work environment and welcomes all qualified candidates to apply.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply since we are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran