Create original design layouts of custom tool kits and the required silhouettes using computer aided documentation techniques. Works independently and effectively interfaces with various internal departments, field sales reps and external vendors to produce final kitting layouts.
- Creates scanned images and drawings in CAD software from scanned images
- Creates layouts of Industrial custom kits.
- Works closely with other departments, field personnel and vendors to gather necessary products and information for custom kit designs.
- Provides design/drafting support to field sales group.
- Troubleshoots and problem solves for projects.
- Creates and maintains drawings, files, and record logs.
- Prepares process documentation and reports
- May train and assist field personnel in kitting process
- May create cut files or utilize software to generate cut files
- 1+ year’s minimum - CAD drafting and software experience is required.
- A technical degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Strong command of geometric tolerance and dimensioning.
- Ability to evaluate requirements, use good judgment in making decisions, meet deadlines and handle detail oriented work with precision.
- Demonstrated ability to plan/schedule to meet peaks in customer demand.
- Ability to resolve customer issues and work well with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work independently
- PC skills including Microsoft office products with intermediate excel skills and ability to generate reports using different types of software.
- Professional written/verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity of industrial customers and products a plus.
Learn more about Snap-on:
Snap-on is rooted in the dignity of work. From our founding over 100 years ago, we have been dedicated to this timeless principle. We celebrate this work and we celebrate our customers, the makers and the fixers, who perform day in and day out to move the world forward.
Snap-on is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices and laws. Snap-on strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against applicants, associates or any other covered persons for any reason including race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.